Under certain circumstances, an undergraduate may petition the Registrar for academic renewal. If the petition qualifies, the student may have a maximum of two consecutive semesters of course work disregarded in all calculations regarding academic standing, grade point average, and eligibility for graduation.

Eligibility for academic renewal shall be subject to the following conditions:
  1. At the time the petition is filed, a minimum of three years shall have elapsed since the most recent course work to be disregarded was completed.
  2. In the interval between the completion of the most recent course work to be disregarded and the filing of the petition, the student shall have completed a minimum of fifteen credits of course work at an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on all work completed during that interval. Courses taken during this interval may be repeats of previously attempted college work.

The petition to be filed by the student shall specify the semester(s) to be disregarded. If more than one semester or term is to be disregarded, those shall be consecutive, completed within two calendar years, with no intervening enrollment at the College.

If the petition qualifies under this policy, the student’s permanent academic record shall be suitably annotated to indicate that no work taken during the disregarded semester(s), even if satisfactory, may apply toward graduation requirements. However, all work will remain on the academic record, ensuring a true and accurate academic history. The semester(s) work to be disregarded will be indicated by the grade of FX.

Academic renewal may be affected only once during a student’s academic career and applied to the first undergraduate degree only.