American Indian College subscribes to the idea that a well-educated individual should be broadly educated and gain exposure to a wide range of general knowledge. In addition to curriculum in a student’s major, all students are required to take General Education courses that will expose them to a broad educational spectrum housed within a Christ-centered worldview.
Graduates of American Indian College will be expected to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- An evangelical and Pentecostal understanding of the origins, structure, history, and teachings of the Bible.
- The ability to effectively present persuasive and informative oral presentations in diverse settings using an appropriate style and delivery.
- The ability to write coherent sentences, essays, and term papers using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and generally acceptable means of source documentation.
- A mastery of basic mathematical concepts including skills and use of numbers and the structure of number systems, theories of mathematical operations, linear equations, polynomials, factoring, exponents, roots and radicals.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of the natural sciences and apply scientific methods of inquiry to investigate the natural world from a Christian-world perspective.
- A fundamental, biblically integrated and culturally relevant understanding of human behavior that focuses on major psychological theories, terminology, and psychological development.
- A fundamental understanding of the people and events corresponding to a specific time period of American history (pre-Spanish American War, post Spanish American War, or American Indian History).
- Progressive skills in the application and diverse use of computer technology.
- A mastery of practices and principles contributing to strong learning, life skills, academic socialization, and integration of Biblical values as practiced within the American Indian College community.
- Knowledge, participation, and performance of basic physical education and wellness.