Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Exegete, interpret, and apply selected passages of Scripture from a variety of literary types in keeping with their original intended meanings.
- Prepare sermons and structure learning experiences, then present both acceptably.
- Manage the resources (financial, technological, and human) of the local church.
- Plan and conduct a variety of church services and ceremonies.
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully complete graduate-level courses (LEAD/MOL track and Accelerated BA to MA track).
Additional Program Requirements:
- Thirty (30) hours of the student’s overall program must be 3000-4000 level courses. (3000-5000 level for accelerated BA to MA track.)
- All course prerequisites must be met according to the academic catalog before taking any course.
- Consultation with the student’s program coordinator is highly recommended in the development of this major.
- Students are encouraged to take one or more minors in relation with this degree program.
Additional Program Stipulations:
- All full-time students are to include one Bible, theology, or religion course each semester until degree requirements have been satisfied.
- First-year students enrolled full-time are to include GES 1122 in their first semester schedule.
- First-year students are to enroll in activity physical education courses each of their first two semesters at SAGU. Exceptions will be granted only with approval of the College Dean.
The Church Leadership program provides students an opportunity to develop a personalized specialization from Bible, theology, and practical ministry courses for the purpose of serving in a variety of church roles both as professionals and volunteers. During this program of study, students will engage in significant field ministry experiences on top of a common core of major studies.