Academic Transfer Credit Granted for Successful Completion Of Arizona District School of Ministry Program
American Indian College (AIC) has developed an agreement with Arizona School of Ministry (ASOM) whereby ASOM graduates can receive up to 25 hours of academic transfer credit at AIC upon successful completion of their program of study at ASOM.
Accordingly, AIC agrees to offer the following academic credit upon successful completion of the prescribed course of study at the Arizona District School of Ministry:
Upon successful completion of the course of study for courses at ASOM, AIC will grant transfer credit that covers the following AIC courses: (8 hours of transfer credit)
- BIB 123 Introduction to the New Testament
- PMT 212 Introduction to Spiritual Formation
- THE 113 Essentials of Pentecostal Theology
Upon successful completion of the course of study for Licensed Minister: (8 hours of transfer credit)
- BIB 113 Introduction to the Old Testament
- PMT 232 Foundations of Leadership
- THEO 123 Theology of the Scriptures, God, and Christ
Upon successful completion of the course of study for Ordained Minister: (9 hours of transfer credit)
- PMT 453 The Ministry of the Pastor
- 3 hours of elective Bible Credit
- 3 hours of elective credit in a ministry related course
TOTAL TRANSFER HOURS: 25
Stipulations for Receiving Transfer Academic Credit from ASOM to AIC:
- Credit can only be granted upon the approved application of the student to AIC (meeting all AIC’s criteria for enrollment) and official transcripts from ASOM indicating that all of the required course work for a specific credential level has been completed. Students who don’t complete all of the prescribed courses for a credential level are not eligible for the conditions of this articulation agreement and will have their transcripts evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Students petitioning for academic credit earned by completion of ASOM should do so in the first semester of enrollment at AIC. (Students petitioning for the certified or licensed stages in the first semester will have up to five years to petition for up to the full 25 hours offered through the School of Ministry Credit by Certification process.)
- The granting of credit through this means will be managed through the Christian Ministry Department of AIC working in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office.
- Academic credit for the successful completion of a District School of Ministry program will not be posted on a student’s official transcript until 12 additional credits have been successfully completed by the student in normal AIC matriculation with at least a 2.0 average.
- Students taking advantage of ASOM Credit by Certification will be governed by all policies pertaining to the transfer of credit as outlined in the College’s academic catalog.
- Students who met all the requirements of the articulation agreement before it was formalized between the institutions are still eligible to participate in the transfer credit agreement.
- Students who wish to receive transfer credit for courses from other regionally-accredited institutions that qualify as meeting General Education requirements may do so by providing official transcripts from those other institutions. These possible transfer credits will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- This articulation agreement is subject to periodic review as conditions warrant. It may be terminated at any time by either institution with written notice. If the articulation agreement is terminated, any students who have already been admitted to AIC as a result of the articulation agreement will be allowed to complete their programs per the terms of the agreement in effect at the time of their admission.
Additional Note: AIC encourages ASOM to make use of instructors holding the appropriate academic credentials to teach at the bachelor’s level and instructors at AIC are encouraged to make themselves available to teach courses for ASOM as requested.